Preventing Harassment and Discrimination
Preventing Harassment in the Workplace
Harassment in the workplace is a problem every organization needs to think about, lest the courts step in first. The legal landscape can be confusing and counterintuitive, even to the most knowledgeable executives. In this interactive and dynamic two-hour program, we will teach your management and supervisory level employees the ins and outs of preventing and responding to claims of harassment.
Participants will walk away with a clear understanding of:
- What workplace harassment is and, just as importantly, what it is not
- How to spot potential harassment in the workplace
- What to do if you become aware of or suspect harassment
- Liability issues
- How best to protect yourself and your organization from harassment claims
A one-hour session for employees is also available. This program augments our Respectful Workplace sessions by providing organizations with a powerful tool to prevent and, if need be, defeat costly harassment claims.
To learn more about Preventing Harassment in the Workplace…
Preventing Discrimination in the Workplace
The list of “protected categories” under federal and state law is always expanding, or so it seems, including race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender, pregnancy, and genetic information, to name just a few. While some of the rules pertaining to these categories are axiomatic in any respectful workplace culture, others are downright puzzling. Thus, the workplace is full of hidden discrimination traps for even the most well-intentioned unwary. This two-hour interactive session will provide managers and supervisors with the tools they need to be able to prevent and appropriately respond to claims of workplace discrimination.
Participants will glean:
- A clear understanding of the anti-discrimination laws covering the workplace
- Tools to appropriately respond to claims of discriminatory treatment
- How to avoid related claims such as retaliation
- Best practices in maintaining a discrimination-free culture
To learn more about Preventing Discrimination in the Workplace…